As a member of Community Health Plan of Washington (CHPW), you have a transportation benefit that provides free rides to your medical appointments.
Transportation for non-emergency services
The Washington State Health Care Authority (HCA) covers transportation for individuals who otherwise have no means to access medical care. This includes:
- Public transit bus
- Gas vouchers
- Client and volunteer mileage reimbursement
- Taxi rides
- Wheelchair van or accessible vehicles
- Commercial bus and airfare
- Ferry tickets
|Schedule your rides with the transportation provider in your county.
Call a transportation provider in your area and they will help you schedule rides to a local doctor offering the service you need. (If the doctor you want to see doesn’t live in your community, you may be asked to get a referral.)
|Try to schedule rides at least 7-14 days before your appointment.
The more notice you give, the more likely that a ride can be arranged for you. If you request a ride that’s less than two business days before your appointment, resources may not be available, and the transportation provider may ask you to reschedule your appointment.
|We can help you schedule your rides.
If you’re having trouble connecting with a transportation provider for any reason, please contact CHPW at 1-800-440-1561 (TTY Relay: Dial 711). We can help you find free rides to your medical appointments.
Qualifying for a ride
To qualify for transportation assistance, you must:
- Have a current ProviderOne services card
- Have no other way to reach your medical appointment
- Ensure that the appointment is covered by CHPW
How to request a ride
The transportation provider in your area will help you schedule transportation to a local doctor offering the service you need. (If the doctor you want to see doesn’t live in your community, you may be asked to get a referral.)
Be sure you have the following information on hand when requesting transportation services:
- Your ProviderOne services card
- Your complete pickup address
- The name and phone number of your medical provider
- Exact appointment date and time
- The type of health care appointment (i.e. dialysis, OB, dental, etc.)
- Your return time, if known